Thursday, November 13, 2008

Publisher's Weekly Thinks You Should Read These Books

. . . and as it so happens, I mostly agree with them. C'mon, guys, the list includes Kristin Cashore's Graceling, Suzanne Collins's The Hunger Games, and Elise Broach's Masterpiece, among other gems. Red hot diggity. Go see the rest of the list and tell me what you liked. Scroll all the way to the bottom for the under-18 stuff.

As I moaned in my post over at Kid Tested, Librarian Approved, PW doesn't seem to differentiate much in children's fiction, even when they get down to the nitty-gritty in grown-up stuff. I mean, seriously, they have a subsection for "Religious Fiction" and then a total YA book like The Hunger Games is next to Jeannie Birdsall's delightful but definitely kid's The Penderwicks on Gardam Street. Geez, guys.

No comments: