Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It's the Best Time of the Year

Not the "most wonderful" . . . what do you think this is, a Christmas carol? I'm talking about the time of year that everyone starts putting out "best of" lists. I was going to gather them, but Chicken Spaghetti has already done that, and quite ably too. I'm told she keeps updating, so check back often.

I always reserve my judgement until my end-of-the-year roundup, but I'd like to hear from you: What's the best book you've read this year?

P.S. It doesn't need to be published in 2009 - just read by you this year.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I do an end of the year roundup, but as I sat thinking about it, I'm not sure one book has stood out this year as the best of the best. Fire, maybe? I'll have to think some more.

Susan T. said...

Thanks for the link! This time of year always brings out the list-er in me! I do keep working on it and updating it frequently. In fact, I just added a couple of things to LAST year's list recently.

anne said...

The 2 Dreamdark books by Laini Taylor, Blackbringer and Silksinger, are the best for this year, and I read hundreds a year, so that's saying something!