Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Any Sick Puppies Out There?

How did I forget to note this? Well, whatever the reason, I did, but now I'm cluing you in.

I love dystopic novels. The Hunger Games, The Knife of Never Letting Go, and all their grim and gloomy ilk just make me smile. Something about seeing just how badly humanity can screw up is entertaining to me, what can I say?

Apparently I'm not the only one, because Lenore of Presenting Lenore declared February to be the month of dystopias (dystopiae?). It's a whole month just about that genre, with books for all ages and even some author interviews in there.  Pretty awesome, and doubly awesome is that the books are rated from 1 to 5 Zombie Chickens, with accompanying hilarious clip art. Most excellent, Lenore. She also gave an interview of her own over at Po(sey) Sessions about Dystopian February, which is well worth checking out if you're unfamiliar with the genre or if you've ever wondered just why you're so attracted to it.

The nice thing about being so behindhand on passing this along is that you now have a great list of dystopic novels to add to your TBR list. So. Yeah. It was intentional. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

What's your current favorite novel about the downfall of humanity?

1 comment:

Lenore Appelhans said...

LOL! Thanks for the shout-out. It's been a fun month :)