Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Whoa! Did You Guys Know About This?

Robin McKinley has a blog. And she has a new book coming out, titled Chalice. It's like the Trifecta of Awesome (because Robin McKinley counts as an Awesome all by herself).

Now normally I would have a gander at the flap copy sample up on her blog before putting it in my Blue Journal of Stuff I Gotta Read Before I Die, but who are we kidding? It's Robin McKinley. I'd read an account of her hernia surgery.

I did go back and look at the flap copy after that, though. Key quote that makes me want it to be September now:
. . . she is to be the new Chalice, and it will be up to her to bind the land and its people with a Master the touch of whose hand can burn human flesh to the bone. . .
No pressure or anything, right?

Thanks to Bookshelves of Doom for the heads-up.

No comments: