Friday, May 02, 2008

Reading Roundup April 2008

Yes, I'm still alive! I haven't been blogging much because for the past couple of weeks I've hit a patch of not-very-interesting books. Luckily, there were just enough way-cool ones to keep my head above water. Here's what I liked.

By the Numbers
Total Number Read: 75
Teen: 17
Tween: 11
Children: 21
Preschool: 40

Standouts
Teen: Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George
Tween: The True Meaning of Smekday by Adam Rex
Children: Aggie and Ben: Three Stories by Lori Ries
Preschool: Thank You Bear by Greg Foley

Because I Want To Awards

Worth the Wait: Into the Wild by Sarah Beth Durst
Made My Mouth Water: Hot, Sour, Salty, Sweet by Sherri L. Smith
Prompted the Loudest, Girliest Squeals: Nic Bishop Spiders by Nic Bishop
Trippiest Structure: Black and White by David Macauley
Most Reassuring: It's Okay to Be Different by Todd Parr
Passed It Around to All the New Grandmas Working At My Library to Watch Them Cry, Because I’m Like That: You Were Loved Before You Were Born by Eve Bunting

No comments: