Sunday, May 11, 2008

We're in on the Secret

Not that Secret. The other Secret. The Secret of YA, how it's the coolest and most innovative place in the bookstore these days.

Dare I say, duh.

Check out this article at BoingBoing.net. Don't forget to read the comments, which range from echoing my sentiments above to "Yeah, yeah, whatever" to "Make sure you bring a kid along to the bookstore or people will look at you like you're a pedophile."

Also have a look at Scott Westerfeld's post on this article.

1 comment:

J Scott Savage said...

Great article. The thing I find so interesting is how that area is expanding. They've already combined YA, Middle Grade, and Childrens. But now I'm seeing fiction that really is adult fantasy (that sounds wrong, but you know what I mean) there. Hey it's hip to be YA!