Friday, November 23, 2007

Cybils Longlist is Out!

Guess what! The nominations have closed for the Cybils, and they now have their longlists posted! And check it, holy schnikes, the YA category has 123 (count 'em) books nominated.

You might remember that I'm on the judging committee for YA. Now is the proper time, I feel, to emit an "eek!"

Scanning through the list of the books (any one of which I may have to judge), I found myself either nodding thoughtfully or going, "oo, haven't read that one yet!" Luckily, I didn't have to say, "Oh my god, someone nominated that?!?" We have good taste in the kidlitosphere, y'all.

Now we sit tight until January 1 and the announcement of the shortlists! To the nominating committees, who now have to read every single book nominated in their categories: Thank you for going through all these before the judges get to it. And I'm so glad I'm not you.

No comments: