Friday, May 23, 2008

Five Things Meme

Liz B. invited everyone into the sandbox on this one. Here's my Five Things meme, started by . . . somebody, I know not who.

Five Things Meme


Rules for the game:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

What was I doing 10 years ago?

Exactly ten years ago, I was a junior in high school. At that time, I was convinced that NYT bestseller-dom was only a finished book away, and I could support myself by teaching until that happened. Believe it or not, librarianship wasn't even a speck on the horizon.

Five things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Buy a hybrid car
2. Buy a house
3. Take a trip around the world
4. Buy every TV show on DVD I ever wanted, ever.
5. Become Batwoman! (Oh shut up. You would too. Admit it.)

Five jobs that I have had:
1. Babysitter
2. Library page
3. Bakery
4. Temp (for a year. I do not recommend this to anybody. Ever.)
5. Children's librarian

Five of my habits
1. Keeping obsessive track of what I want to read in my Blue Journal
2. Keeping obsessive track of what I have read via LibraryThing
3. Telling myself I will exercise tomorrow. Really. I will.
4. Talking myself out of buying kewl electronic toys
5. Planting flowers, which then die really, really quickly.

Five places I have lived:
1. Various cities, Michigan (that gave me a loathing of snow and all cold weather)
2. Louisville, Kentucky (that gave me Suth'n mannahs, which consist of a lot of Sirs and Ma'ams and being able to cut jerks off at the knees with a sweet smile. At least in my head.)
3. Kingston, Surrey, UK (that gave me a taste for McVittie's and Indian food)
4. Tucson, Arizona (where I left my heart. Really. It was in a jar under my bed when I moved.)
5. LA County, California (that gave me a real hatred of commuting)

I think all my regular taggees have already done this one, so I'll say what Liz said: Wanna play? Jump in!

No comments: