Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Reading Roundup June 2008

This seems to have been the month of reading series and sequels right in a row. This was also the month of MotherReader's 48-hour Book Challenge. Finally, this was the month that I started the Summer Reading Program at work. Yikes. It's been a busy month.

By the Numbers
Total Number Read: 62
Teen: 26
Tween: 6
Children: 15
Preschool: 23

Standouts
Teen: Jump the Cracks by Stacy DeKeyser
Tween: Cassie Was Here by Caroline Hickey
Children: We Are the Ship by Kadir Nelson
Preschool: Monster Hug! by David Ezra Stein

Because I Want To Awards
How Did I Miss This When I Was a Kid?: The Boy/Girl Battle Series by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
Uncomfortably Possible: The Declaration by Gemma Malley
Holy Schnikes, I'm Still Not Recovered: Tithe, Valiant, and Ironside by Holly Black
Prompted the Happy Dance in the Middle of ALA: Moxy Maxwell Does Not Love Writing Thank-You Notes by Peggy Gifford
Perfect Timing: The Plain Janes and Janes In Love by Cecil Castelluci (explanation: I got the ARC of the second at BEA just as the first book came up for reading on my TBR list. This was about a one-in-a-million chance, given my Byzantine methods of working through my TBR list.)
Swept Me Away: Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier
Totally Lived Up to My Internal Hype: Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale

No comments: