Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Rita nominees announced

I dearly love a good romance. I read romance novels from the age of 12 straight through to the age of 20, with occasional breaks for Star Wars sequels. And you can argue that those were kinda romantic too.

Even now that I mainly read children's and YA, I have a special, squishy place in my otherwise cold and black heart for a good love story. So I'm delighted that the Romance Writers of America have a category for Young Adult Romance in their Rita awards, which were announced last week. I'm doubly delighted that this year's nominees are so awesome.

Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog (this is on my list)
Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Ally Carter (Spy vs. Hot Spy fun!)
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles (on my TBR shelf)
Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols (Hey! I reviewed this one!)
The ABC's of Kissing Boys by Tina Ferraro
Nothing Like You by Lauren Strasnick

Congratulations to all the authors!

Also, since I've only read a pitiful 33% of the nominated titles, let me know what you think of the ones I haven't read yet.

No comments: