Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday Glee: 90-Second Newbery

Somehow it doesn't surprise me that James Kennedy, who wrote the weirdfest book The Order of Odd-Fish, is behind this dastardly plan to host a contest asking fans to create a video compressing the plot of a Newbery Award winning book into 90 seconds.


"A Wrinkle In Time" In 90 Seconds from James Kennedy on Vimeo.

Of course, so is Betsy Bird. Doubly not-surprised.

I bet you want more details, don't you? Greedy. Oh very well - go to James Kennedy's website for those.

P.S. Anybody think that the video of Criss Cross is just gonna be a girl sighing and saying, "I wish something would happen" about sixteen times?

2 comments:

James Kennedy said...

Thanks for featuring the "90 Second Newbery" contest on your blog! Do you think you might put together a submission?

By the way, did you read "The Order of Odd-Fish"? You claim it's a "weirdfest," so I'm guessing you have.

Bibliovore said...

Thanks for stopping by, James! I wasn't planning to put together a submission - not that talented! But I am looking forward to seeing what other people come up with.

I did read The Order of Odd-Fish and enjoyed it quite a bit.