Tuesday, September 03, 2002

Well, after my big "Nothing yet, folks, and probably not for two weeks", I got a thick packet from the International Center here on campus. Actually, they sent it across the state to my parents' house first, then my dad had to send it back to me. Efficient, huh?? Sheesh. Anyway, they said they'd gotten my application (wow, and it only took them five months to figure it out! A round of applause for the highly efficient International Office, if you please) and I was APPROVED FOR THE PROGRAM!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Having now used up my entire supply of exclamation points for the next month, I'll tell you about the caveat--apparently, they're sending my application on to the London university for them to review it. What does this mean? As far as I know, jack, because they sent me all sorts of class lists and registration forms and withdrawal slips (puh--like that's going to happen) and it sure looks like I'm going.

Now for the real headaches to start. First off, I only have one semester left if I take all the right classes. This means making sure I take the right classes to transfer from London to my university in the States. Still with me? It gets better. Most things look okay, but the Shakespeare class, which is Required with a capital R underscore exclamation point for English majors, is apparently only offered in the fall semester. I didn't take it here this semester because I had hoped to take that in the spring. I mean, seriously! Shakespeare in Britain! But apparently not . . . I'm going to check with the International Center to see if I'm reading it correctly. And what'll I do if I can't take it? Wait around for another semester and take it NEXT fall here, putting my graduation off by several months?? Nuh-uh. I have plans. There are some possibilities for substitution, but . . . but . . . I wanna take a Shakespeare class! *snif*

Luckily, the classes that I can take in the spring look reaaaaaaaaaaaally reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally cool. 18th and 19th century novels? Sign me UP, baby! (Okay, yes, I'm a little odd. But that's why I'm an English major.)

Until further notice, boys and girls, I'm going to LONDON!!

Books for today: Troubling a Star by Madeleine L'Engle. Sequel to A Ring of Endless Light, not as good, but hey, it's still Madeleine L'Engle.

No comments: