Tuesday, March 06, 2007

How Did I Miss This?

March 1st was World Book Day!

In my own defense, every day is World Book Day in my house. But seriously, I am sorry I missed it. Check out the list of books the world can't live without!

From the World Book Day website:
1) Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen 20%
2) Lord of the Rings – JRR Tolkein 17%
3) Jane Eyre – Charlotte Bronte 14%
4) Harry Potter books – J K Rowling 12%
5) To Kill A Mockingbird – Harper Lee 9.5%
6) The Bible 9%
7) Wuthering Heights – Emily Bronte 8.5%
8) 1984 – George Orwell 6%
9) His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman 6%
10) Great Expectations – Charles Dickens .55%

Okay, Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights just annoy me, and I've never been able to stay awake through 1984 or Lord of the Rings. But other than that, I love these books! (Yes, even the Bible. It's got some great sex and violence in there.) Hey, 60% ain't so bad.

What's number one? Eh? Eh?? It's all about the Lizzie and Darcy, baby! As if proof of my most excellent taste was needed.

ETA: Thanks to Fuse #8 for the link.

No comments: