Saturday, October 13, 2007

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist . . . the Movie Extravaganza!

Oh, god, I hope not.

Apparently David Levithan and Rachel Cohn's ode to New York City, teenage love/lust, and the punk scene is on track to become a movie. Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist is supposed to hit screens sometime in 2009.

Now here's where it gets weird. Apparently, Michael Cera is attached to play Nick.

Really?

Michael "George Michael Bluth" Cera?

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a good actor. But I've only seen him in a certain kind of adorkable role. I want to cuddle a plush doll of Michael Cera and pinch its cheeks. He just doesn't scream "Nick" to me.

But who knows? All I've seen is "Arrested Development" and some trailers for "Superbad," and I know how easy it is to get typecast, especially if you do a good job.

I have never heard of the girl who's supposed to play Norah. Her IMDb photo, however, looks pretty Norah to me.

P.S. Badly named? Grr, zap2it. Grrr, I say.

Thanks to Kid Lit for the link.

No comments: