Saturday, August 01, 2009

Reading Roundup: July 2009

By the Numbers
Teen: 29
Tween: 16
Children: 15

Standouts
Teen: TIE Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson and The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner
Tween: Miss Spitfire by Sarah Miller
Children: The Gollywhopper Games by Jody Feldman

Because I Want To Awards
Rang Recognition Bells Long and Loud: Swim the Fly by Don Calame (I swam competitively but not well for years, and all I have to say is Don Calame must have too.)
Best Heroine: Jacky Faber from Mississippi Jack by L.A. Meyer
Way Better Than I Thought It Would Be: School Spirit by Elizabeth Cody Kimmel
Attention Future Vets!: Animal Faces by Akira Satoh
Spent the Entire Time Giggling: I'm Being Stalked by a Moonshadow by Doug McLeod. (I really want to start that "Rude gestures!" "Rude gestures to you!" business with somebody.)

No comments: