Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Sporking Ahoy!

I do love me a good sporking (or if you prefer, MST3King, but that's so hard to type out, plus possible copyright violations). I also love to share the sporkage. With that in mind, check out the blog of Sarah Beth Durst, author of been-on-my-TBR-list-for-freakin'-ever novel, Into the Wild and its sequel Out of the Wild. Both deal very heavily with fairy tales, apparently, and thus SBD had to do a fair amount of research.

She's been turning all that research into comic gold with sporkings of obscure (and a few not-so) fairy tales. Key quote from the sporkage of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves"
The huntsman takes Snow White to the forest and tells her to run away. He kills a wild animal instead and brings its heart to the queen who eats it with ketchup.

I added the bit with the ketchup. She doesn't use ketchup in the traditional tales, of course. She actually uses A-1 Steaksauce.

Hee.

Now, if possible, I'm looking forward to my library system getting Into the Wild even more. It's in the catalog! They promised! I have a request on it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ZAP! You've been memed by the maelstroms! If you would like to participate in the interview then follow the link of my name, copy and paste the questions, and answer them in your own unique way. Good luck!

*Aella Siofra*