Friday, February 01, 2008

Reading Roundup January 2008


I skewed rather younger than usual this month, with the bulk of my list being picture books.

By the Numbers
Total Number Read: 97 (!!)
Teen: 11
Tween: 27
Children: 30
Preschool: 42

Standouts
Teen: The Princess and the Hound by Mette Ivie Harrison*
Tween: Greetings from Planet Earth by Barbara Kerley
Children: Moxy Maxwell Does Not Love Stuart Little by Peggy Gifford
Preschool: A Child's Guide to Common Household Monsters by James Otis Thach

*There actually is another teen standout, but it's part of my Cybils reading, and I don't want to give anything away. And really, The Princess and the Hound was freakin' amazing.

Because I Want To Awards

Quirkiest: Five Little Gefiltesby Dave Horowitz
Highest Words-to-Fun Ratio: Hippo! No, Rhino by Jeff Newman
Neatest Counting Book, and Probably Even More Fun If You Live There: 123 NYCby Joanne Dugan
Loved This Book Except For That One Little Thing That Made Me Tear My Hair Out: Leepike Ridge by N.D. Wilson (In the comments, as I don't want to spoil anyone)
Didn't Think I Was Going to Like It But Couldn't Stop Reading: Dogboy by Christopher Russell
Made Me Cry At Work, Thanks a Lot, Ellen: The Green Glass Sea by Ellen Klages
So Needs a Soundtrack: The New Policeman by Kate Thompson
Most Thought-Provoking: The God Box by Alex Sanchez

2 comments:

Bibliovore said...

You don't kill the dog. Okay? You just don't.

That is all.

The Whirlwinds said...

You've been memed. ZAP! If you would like to do it than simply go to my personal blog and do the questions that I did, just with your own answers. It'd be fun to see how you respond to them. Then pass it on to as many people as you'd like.

*Aella Siofra*
http://www.maelstromaella.blogspot.com