Monday, September 01, 2008

Reading Roundup August 2008

This was a low month for kids' books, because I went on vacation and took a stack of Jennifer Crusie novels, which are great fun for anyone over the age of eighteen. However, what I did read was good stuff. The tweens category especially had me tearing my hair out, trying to pick just one standout. I've done ties before, but I think a six-way tie is a bit much, don't you?

By the Numbers
Total Number Read: 41
Teen: 18
Tween: 12
Children: 13
Preschool: 8

Standouts
Teen: Mexican WhiteBoy by Matt de la Peña
Tween: Leap of Faith by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
Children: The Monster in the Backpack by Lisa Moser
Preschool: Every Friday by Dan Yaccarino

Because I Want To Awards
Best Book About a Beetle, a Boy, a Forgery, and a Friendship: Masterpiece by Elise Broach (no, seriously, review coming soon)
Dad-Blast It, Now I Have to Read the Whole Series: Worldweavers: Gift of the Unmage by Alma Alexander
How Did I Miss This?: I Rode a Horse of Milk-White Jade by Diane Lee Wilson
Sucked Me In: Far From Xanadu by Julie Anne Peters

No comments: