Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Many Bloggers, 48 Hours, No Sleep

For the fourth year in a row, MotherReader is challenging us to crank our natural gift for devouring the written word up to 11. Yes, my chickies, it's time once again for the the 48-Hour Book Challenge, in which kidlit lovers all over this great land hole up with two days' worth of chocolate, caffeine, an internet connection (to review, natch!) and of course, the books.

Last year was my first year doing this, and talk about a marathon. But I also flexed my reviewing skills and I'm very pleased with the result. (Hint: click the 48-Hour Book Challenge tag at the bottom of this link and see what I read and what I thought of it all.)

This year's 48HBC takes place June 5-7. You don't really have to go 48 hours without sleep in order to read, but it made a catchy title.

I just realized I'm scheduled for three days off that weekend. Woo-hoo! I can read for 48 hours AND do my laundry! Cleaning my apartment will probably take the back burner, however.

Are you in? Drop by MotherReader's blog to read up on the rules and regs, and to throw your name in the hat.

1 comment:

Patti L said...

I'm doing something similar that weekend--12 hours of mystery reading. Sounds kinda light compared to 48 hours, but maybe next year for that long. I think we'll both have fun!