Monday, February 01, 2010

Reading Roundup: January 2010

By the Numbers
Teen: 26
Tween: 12
Children: 16

Sources
Review Copies: 3
Swapped: 4
Purchased: 3
Library: 35

Standouts
Teen: Going Bovine by Libba Bray
The weirdest, most hopeful, and funniest book about a dying teenager you'll ever read.
Tween: The Girl Who Threw Butterflies by Mick Cochrane
So much more than a Dead Dad book.
Children: The Frog Scientist by Pamela S. Turner
Exquisite pictures and awesome science. Entertaining nonfiction for kids at its best.

Because I Want To Awards
Most Interesting Combination of Religion and Sexuality: Thinking Straight by Robin Reardon
Most Depressing Ending: The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp
Frack It, I Knew I Was Gonna Cry: Before I Die by Jenny Downham
Most Awesome Square Peg Girl: TIE Theodosia Throckmorton and Enola Holmes
Creeped Me Right Out: Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror by Chris Priestly

2 comments:

Ms. Yingling said...

Hello! I have nominated you for a "Sugar Doll Blogger Award"! Participation is optional, but I'm curious to see what blogs you consult. Visit me at http://msyinglingreads.blogspot.com if you would like to jump through the hoops. (It's okay if you don't want to!)

Kelly said...

I agree about Going Bovine, but I had to throw in another weird, hilarious book about a teen going through something possibly fatal: Jack Tumor. Loved it!